I’ve recently seen a trend going around where people state 25 things they like about themselves and honestly I’m loving it. I’ve read so many of these from the bloggers that I’m following and it makes me so happy to see people loving and excepting themselves for who they are and making a whole list that they can look back on when they aren’t feeling their best. Big up to whoever first thought of this idea because I love the self-empowerment so much and find it very inspiring especially nowadays with the pressure of looking a certain way and being accepted on social media.
I decided after reading a few of them that I wanted to create one myself but one we can all relate too. As much as I ADORE self love and self empowerment, I also love spreading these vibes and creating something positive we can all share. Since most bloggers start this posts off by saying “I’m going to look back on this list when I’m not feeling my best or I’m having a bad day”, I’m going to start off by saying; if you’re not feeling yourself or you’re having an off day then you can look back to this post and remember who tf you are. (pre warning – cringe level may be high).
- You’re ability to carry on – You feel like you’ve been through a lot but you’ve decided to keep on going which is amazing btw, props to you!!!
- You’re ability to be in control of your future and even if you aren’t happy right now, you should realise that you can change that.
- You can be on your grind whenever you want and set goals for what you want to achieve.
- You’re creative and I know that because we all are in our own ways.
- You bring something to the table that nobody else does and you have to decide what that is.
- Your appearance is like no one else’s.
- Your body – it’s amazing no matter the number on the scale.
- Your style – it’s tailored to suit you and you know best what you love wearing and how amazing you look in everything.
- Your features are unique to you and you should embrace them, nobody else has them and that makes them amazing.
- You should prioritize your self worth/love and not see that as a bad and selfish thing.
- Even when you feel like your falling apart you still keep pushing and your strength and courage in that is inspiring.
- You work hard for what you want and you should never let anything get in the way of that.
- The fact that you get out of bed every morning and start school/work is inspiring and is an accomplishment in itself.
- You prepare and schedule stuff to benefit whatever it is you’re working towards.
- You’re amazing at what you do and you’re only getting better.
- Even if you haven’t met your goal yet you should be proud of where you’re at right now because once you dreamt of being here.
- You should like how much of a dreamer you are and all the big things you’re aiming to achieve.
- Even after failing, you still work really hard on bettering your skills.
- You’ve survived pain and been taught life lessons that will only make you grow.
- Your personality – it’s amazing and if you want to better it you should like how you always can.
- Your smile – everyone has a beautiful smile let’s be real.
- Your attitude is cute no matter if you’re confident, shy, quiet or loud – it makes you you.
- The reason why you do what you love.
- Feeling passionately towards something or someone – it shows that you’re a caring person and have a reason to strive towards something.
- And lastly – your mind set.
Link to outfit: Adidas Woman Pants
I loved making this list. Not only will it hopefully all give you guys a place to come back too when you’re not feeling your best but it also gives you and myself reminders of all the little things that we don’t always appreciate that we really should because it’s part of who we are and it’s amazing.
While going through this there were a few quotes that kept coming to mind which I thought I’d leave until the end. Since this trend is for empowering each other I thought it would be only best to include my favourites.
– “Be enough for yourself first, the rest of the world can wait”
– “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love”
– “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small”
And lastly one of my favourites that isn’t exactly empowering in a sense of loving yourself but is very empowering in a sense of being yourself. By Bill Gates:
” Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything – all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart”
Thank you for reading. Let me know in the comments what you personally love about yourself I’d love to know.
I’ll start by adding I love my thick, long, brown hair, how about you?